- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh cutlets (skin on)
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 310g jar roasted red pepper strips, drained
- 1 Massel chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 230g jar pitted Sicilian olives, drained, halved
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Rub chicken with 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoning. Cook chicken, turning, for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden and almost cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
Heat remaining oil in pan over medium- high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add rice, garlic and remaining seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add 2 cups water, capsicum and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Top with chicken. Cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.