Fried chicken meatballs recipe. Once you try these meatballs, you will never go back to beef or pork meatballs. They are so easy to prepare and so delicious! You may also like Hearty Meatball Stew, yummy stew cooked in a slow cooker.
Fried Chicken Meatballs Recipe
- 3 slices white bread
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh scallions
- 1½ pounds (720 g) ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh lemon thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Tear the white bread into small pieces, then put in a large bowl. Stir in the whipped cream and leave until bread is softened.
Add chopped scallions, ground chicken, lemon juice, lemon thyme, and mint to the bread mixture. Stir well. Season with salt and black pepper.
With wet hands, form the chicken mixture into meatballs.
Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Coat the chicken balls in breadrumbs.
In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken meatballs to the hot oil and fry for about 5 minutes, browning all sides until cooked through.
Remove fried chicken meatballs from the pan and transfer to a serving plate. Serve hot over cooked rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes