Baked tandoori chicken kebabs recipe. Cubed marinated chicken breasts with spices baked in a broiler. Very tasty Indian chicken recipe. Serve it over cooked with raita sauce.
To make raita sauce use the following ingredients: 1 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, 1¼ cups (310 ml) plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon each: chopped fresh parsley and chopped fresh mint, 1/2 teaspoon each: ground coriander and ground caraway, salt and freshly ground black pepper, fresh mint leaves, to garnish
Method: Grate peeled and seeded cucumber. Place it in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir well and set aside. Allow staying for 1 hour.
Baked Tandoori Chicken Kebabs Recipe
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 piece fresh ginger. peeled and grated
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Place cubed chicken in a shallow bowl. Season with salt and black pepper. Drizzle over the lemon juice.
To make the marinade: In a small mixing bowl, combine crushed garlic, ginger, yogurt, vegetable oil, and spices. Mix well.
Brush the chicken with the marinade, then cover the dish with aluminum foil. Refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the broiler and cover the rack with aluminum foil. Thread marinated chicken pieces into soaked bamboo sticks, reserving the marinade.
Cook for about 8-10 minutes, turning once and brushing with the marinade.
Serve baked chicken kebabs over cooked rice with the raita.