Slow Cooker Chicken-Ginger Soup Recipe
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 cup cubed carrots
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoofreshly ground black pepper
- 3 cans 914 oz (420 ml) each) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2 oz (60 g) dried noodles
- 6 oz (180 g0 package frozen snow peas, thawed and drained
In a 5-quart (5 L) slow cooker, combine cubed chicken, carrots, dry sherry, celery, vinegar, grated ginger, and black pepper. Mix well. Stir in chicken broth and water.
Cover the pot and cook on high-heat setting for 2-3 hours.
Stir in dried noodles and drained peas. Cook for a further 8 minutes.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Stir chicken soup well before serving. Ladle into soup bowls. Serve hot.