- 1/2 pound (240 g) smoked bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound (480 g) ground beef
- 1 yelow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and veins removed, diced
- 2 cups (500 ml) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1.2 pound (240 ml) cream cheese, cubed and divided
- 1/2 pound (240 g) uncooked large shell pasta
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crumbled. Remove cooked bacon from the skillet and set aside.
Heat the olive oil over medium heta in an instant pot turned to saute functon. Add ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute, breaking up, using a wooden spoon.
Stir in chopped onion, minced garlic, jalapenos, and seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, for further 2 minutes.
Add unsalted buuter and cream cheese. Stir well to combine.
Add shell pasta and stir again.
Cover the pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Ser the timer to cook for 5 minutes.
Open the pressure cooker, using the Quick Release method. Unlock and open the lid. Stir well the pasta mixture. Add shredded cheese.
Put the lid back but do not seal. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve topped with cooked bacon, diced jalapenos, and chopped fresh parsley.