- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) canola oil
- 1 pound (480 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.2 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.2 ml) onion powder
- 2 8 oz (240 ml) each cans tomato sauce
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes in basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 pound (480 g) uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups (500 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
In a large nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until lightly browned.
In a slow cooker, combine browned ground beef and remaining ingredients, except penne pasta and cheese. Cover cooker and cook on low heat setting for 8 hours.
Cook pasta, according to cooking instruction. Drain and set aside. Keep warm.
Turn off slow cooker and open the lid. Transfer beef mixture onto serving plates. Stir cooked pasta into the beef mixture just before serving. Sprinkle with grated Cheddar cheese and serve immediately.