- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garelic,peeled and crushed
- 1/2 pound (240 g) chicken livers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green bell pepper,sliced
- 13 oz (390 ml) can tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry red wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 1 pound (480 g) spaghetti
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and saute, stirring occasionally, until golden.
Add chicken livers and gently saute for 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and sliced green bell pepper. Cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Stri in tomatoes, dry red wine, and seasoning. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti until tender. Using a colander,drain. Serve with the suace.